Poland Update: Before

on Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I am going to Poland! It is odd to think that I have never been on a mission’s trip before, especially since I am entering into full time missions. I believe this will be an awesome opportunity not only for cross-cultural ministry experience, but to advance God’s gospel as well.

I will be partnering with Sun Valley Community Church and a program they run known as Institute For Missions (IFM). The team, composed of four members including myself, will be working with JosiahVenture in Poland. While the details of the trip are purposefully vague (so as to simulate the actual encounter of most missionaries) I do know I will be heavily involved with an English camp. What I most love about the trip itself is that the basis is to support a full time missionary, and secondly the camp which I will be working with is extremely evangelical. I believe the opportunity uniquely presents itself to spread the gospel to those who would not usually attend a church service.

The trip will run from late May 23rd to the end of July. Yet the emphasis of the trip is actually not on the trip itself, but on the growth of the individuals, or preparation, beforehand. For the next two months I will be researching Polish culture, engaging with God’s gospel, and preparing myself for cross-cultural servanthood.

While I will need partnering with the 4,500 trip fee, above all I need prayer that God would guide me in wisdom as I prepare for cross cultural ministry. And whether or not you partner with me, may we all partner in spreading God’s gospel to all people.

If you have questions about partnering or would like to receive my newsletter email me at 'matt.zowada@gmail.com'

For more information on Josiah Venture:
http://www.josiahventure.com/

For more information on IFM (Institute For Missions):
http://sunvalleycc.com/outreach/global/ifm.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment