Poland Update: After

on Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Everyone asks me 'how was Poland.' It is difficult for me to have that conversation (especially since most want a 30-60 second answer). It is difficult because of how much God accomplished within me and through me in Poland. It is difficult because honestly sometimes I don't even know what happened. What I do know is that I came head to head with more of my own inadequacy than perhaps ever before, yet within my inadequacy found God's grace ever prevalent, ever matching my failures and consistent through crisis.

The first month was spent training in Czech, being trained as interns with JosiahVenture ministries and running around Prague until my legs felt like Jello. After this we spend nearly three weeks traveling Poland spreading the word about the English Camps we were soon to teach and encouraging students to attend. We spoke in schools and churches and rode on more trains that I care to remember, but within this experience I found fellowship with my team and encouragement as they grew unto the Lord. The last month was spent preparing and then engaging with the Polish Youth at the English Camps. We participated in two of these Camps and met some of the most fascinating and incredible kids. During the camps we would have roughly 2 hours of English lessons, then we would play games, eat, and do an evening program. The evening program consists of worship, a sermon and then discussion groups revolving around the sermon.

In Poland- We saw God's Spirit show up and work through our team bringing youth to a saving relationship with Jesus Christ, and I believe that through us and despite of us God found glory as well as new family members as we preached the gospel.

In Me- I found an even deeper understanding of God's gospel, and a boldness with my faith I have perhaps never experienced before. I found a deeply rooted pride that when revealed disgusted even myself. I found a God that does not simply hold an exclusive allegiance to America and is at work in Poland raising up godly men and women. I always knew God is everywhere, but it is something else to see Him in action on the other side of the world.

Perhaps this post is a little bit choppy and random, but that is probably because the whole experience is choppy in my brain. What I do know is that God has forever changed me through this mission trip and that I will always have a heart for Poland and it's people.

1 comments:

Alex and Elizabeth Minium said...

:) Nice to hear a SHORT version of your trip...but I understand not being able to explain it all over the internet/in words. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment